Re: archive folder maintenance

From: Payal Singh <payal(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: Keith Ouellette <Keith(dot)Ouellette(at)airgas(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archive folder maintenance
Date: 2014-01-22 16:42:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Using pgarchivecleanup command in archive_cleanup_command within
recovery.conf file on slave, the %r part will automatically get the latest
.backupfile.

Another way to automate it, an excellent tool that has an option for
automatically removing replayed files is OmniPITR
https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnipitr. In this case, you can use command
'omnipitr-cleanup' in the archive_cleanup_command.

You can read more here -
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/archive-recovery-settings.html#ARCHIVE-CLEANUP-COMMAND

Hope this helps

Payal Singh,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Junior Database Administrator,
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Keith Ouellette <Keith(dot)Ouellette(at)airgas(dot)com