Re: archive folder maintenance

From: Payal Singh <payal(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: Keith Ouellette <Keith(dot)Ouellette(at)airgas(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archive folder maintenance
Date: 2014-01-22 03:49:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is this a standalone server? What is the value of archive_timeout?

It is generally safe to delete WAL files older than a day or two. More
specifically, all WAL files older than the latest base backup are safe to
selete. A simple bash script will do in this case.

You can also have alook at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/pgarchivecleanup.html tool which
you can straightaway use.

Payal Singh,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Junior Database Administrator,
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM, Keith Ouellette <Keith(dot)Ouellette(at)airgas(dot)com