[HELP] Query regarding failover

From: Praveen Kumar K S <praveenssit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [HELP] Query regarding failover
Date: 2020-06-30 15:24:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello Experts,

I'm using pgpool and configured postgres cluster with 1 master and 1slaves
with synchronous replication. Master is archiving WAL logs to a NAS share.
I'm using 9.6
I have read a few documentations and the failover and recovery are handled
in different ways. Few wrote shell scripts and passed it to pgpool and few
used tools like repmgr to handle automatic failover and recovery without
any manual intervention.
My requirement is to set up a process to handle failover and recovery
without manual intervention. I would like to know your suggestions if there
is any standard way of doing this or is it better to write custom scripts.
TIA.

--

*Regards,*

*K S Praveen Kumar*