Re: Lost my tablespace

From: tel medola <tel(dot)medola(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lost my tablespace
Date: 2017-05-29 14:39:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

> I have a serious problem in my database. I have a table, divided into 4

Postgres version?

*PostgreSQL 9.3.5, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 64-bit*

tablespaces, one in each unit (E :; G :; H:; I:), linked with

So for OS some version of Windows, correct?

*Yes, correct!*

inheritance, of approximately 500 gb each. It happens that a truncate was
> done in the main table without undoing the inheritance for the other tables
> and consequently the "daughters" tables were cleaned together with the main
> one. I lost everything! But ... I have the backup of all drives and I have
> already done the data restore. Everything has been successfully retrieved,
> however the table is listed as 8192 bytes in postgres, but the units are
> all as they were before the truncate was executed.
> Is there any way Postgres redo the link with the child tables ?? I already
> ran the command to rewrite inheritance, but the size of the tables
> continues with 8192.

What was the command?

If you execute the SELECT command pg_size_pretty (pg_database_size
> ('database_name')), the result comes complete, as if the tables were filled
> normally.

What does
*2848 GB*

select * from pg_tablespace;