Re: Lost my tablespace

From: tel medola <tel(dot)medola(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lost my tablespace
Date: 2017-05-29 19:05:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

1) In the below you are saying that you used that template to try to
recreate the original tables, correct?

/No.I have not done anything yet to try to retrieve the information, even
though they are there. I just can not redo the links, even with the inherit
command already executed./

It seems you are doing something, that is what I am trying figure out.
What INHERIT command?

*I did it, I'm not doing it.*
*After I returned the copy, I did nothing else. That "new" I said, I had
done before. But it's only "new" that I can get with the SELECT, the
others, not.*

*When I run the \ d + command the involved tables are not shown. Not even
the one I can access via Select (only those that are in the public schema
are shown)*

2) Why the INHERIT/NO INHERIT/INHERIT sequence?

> /Because if I do not undo the inheritance, it will copy from it, to
> itself. After the copy is finished and I make sure everything is in place,
> I delete the original table and redo the links. With this, all my data is a
> new drive and with the link redone, my SQL's will function normally as if
> it were just a table./

But none of this was actually done when you tried to recover the tables.

*When I returned the backup (drive copy, not pg_dump), I realized that the
information was not being found. I did not change anything else at the
database and sent the email to the community.*