Re: Revoking table & function creation privileges

From: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
To: Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Revoking table & function creation privileges
Date: 2012-08-09 18:02:24
Lists: pgsql-general

The second line in the list of privilges shows the default grant of UC to
"public" for that schema. Until you revoke that, the individual grants are
superfluous.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com> wrote:

> I posted this in Devshed forums (here<http://forums.devshed.com/postgresql-help-21/revoking-table-create-privileges-926853.html>)
> but no one seems to be responding. Hopefully someone here can help.
>
> How do I keep a user from being able to create tables in the public schema?
>

> mjacobson(at)zeus=>[local]:ises=> \dn+ public
> List of schemas
> Name | Owner | Access privileges | Description
> --------+----------+----------------------+------------------------
> public | postgres | postgres=UC/postgres+| standard public schema
> * | | =UC/postgres +|*
> | | webuser=U/postgres |
> (1 row)

*Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout
Management | RR Donnelley*
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com

<http://www.rrdonnelley.com/>