Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL

From: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
To: bsreejithin <bsreejithin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How clustering for scale out works in PostgreSQL
Date: 2013-08-29 16:21:28
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM, bsreejithin <bsreejithin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Joshua and others who have responded..
>
> I am sorry about not putting in more details in my initial post.
>
> What I posted is about a new setup that's going to come up..Discussions are
> on whether to setup DB cluster to handle 1000 concurrent users.

Ok. That's a start. Can you tell us more about what these users are
doing? What kind of queries are being issued to the database? How often
(per user or total per time)?

*Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout
Management | RR Donnelley*
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com

<http://www.rrdonnelley.com/>