Re: Selective backup script

From: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Selective backup script
Date: 2011-11-21 17:46:44
Lists: pgsql-general

> What about using the comments on the database to control this?

That sounds close, though the comments are already being used for general
descriptions. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add 'no_backup' to the
existing comments where appropriate. I was hoping maybe I'd missed a
'user-defined database level metadata' field somewhere. ^_^

Thanks,

*Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout
Management | RR Donnelley*
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com