Selective backup script

From: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Selective backup script
Date: 2011-11-21 16:50:56
Lists: pgsql-general

I've seen a couple backup scripts that query the metadata to determine the
list of databases to back up. I like this approach, but have a few
databases which don't get backed up for various reasons, e.g. testing
databases which we'd prefer to recreate on the off chance we loose them,
rather than have using up time/disk for backup. Might there be a way to
tag those databases somehow so the backup script knows to skip them? I'd
rather not hard code the list in the script.

Thoughts?

*Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout
Management | RR Donnelley*
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com

<http://www.rrdonnelley.com/>