Re: Savepoints in transactions for speed?

From: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Savepoints in transactions for speed?
Date: 2012-11-28 01:08:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

Steve Atkins wrote:

> Postgresql isn't going to run out of resources doing a big transaction,
in the way some other databases will.

I thought I had read something at one point about keeping the transaction
size on the order of a couple thousand because there were issues when it
got larger. As that apparently is not an issue I went ahead and tried the
DELETE and COPY in a transaction. The load time is quite reasonable this
way.

Thanks!

Mike