Re: Extension support for postgres_fdw

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)cleverelephant(dot)ca>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extension support for postgres_fdw
Date: 2015-06-20 16:45:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 20 June 2015 at 18:19, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> The key question here is whether filtering functions/operators at the
> level of extensions is a good design. It seems to me like a reasonable
> compromise between flexibility and ease of use, but others might see it
> differently.

I like that, but currently we handle things in terms of Schemas. It would
be strange to have differing ways of specifying groups of objects. Maybe
that's not a problem, but we'd probably need to analyse that to make sure
it didn't make things more complex.

--
Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>