Re: change to Docker entrypoint.sh

From: Andrew Coleman <penguincoder(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: change to Docker entrypoint.sh
Date: 2019-06-27 12:11:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 4:24 AM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 5:31 PM Andrew Coleman <penguincoder(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> I am new to this, so I apologize beforehand if it's not entirely kosher,
>> but I have a proposed change to the Dockerfile entrypoint.sh to allow for
>> configurable servers.json filename path.
>>
>> The reasoning behind this is that I have a Kubernetes deployment of
>> pgadmin where I build a ConfigMap sort of dynamically. I can make the file
>> appear in /pgadmin4, but it removes the contents of the directory for me
>> (helpful!). Instead, I put it into a separate directory and set a new
>> environment variable that defaults to the old pathname
>> (backwards-compatible!) but allows me to set a custom environment variable
>> in my custom Helm chart for my deployment.
>>

> pgAdmin removes the content of the directory? I'm not sure how it would do
> that - it doesn't delete anything like that.

pgAdmin does not do that. It behaves as you would expect. Kubernetes
removes the contents for me. It basically allows one of two options:

file available at /pgadmin4/servers.json/servers.json and pgadmin works,
but never loads the file
file available at /pgadmin4/servers.json and nothing works because the only
file in /pgadmin4 is servers.json