Re: Default order of select datname from pg_database

From: Elías David <elias(dot)moreno(dot)tec(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Default order of select datname from pg_database
Date: 2014-04-19 16:39:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Ah... I see, that clarifies things. Thank you all for your responses!

All started because I looked a script that is used in our company to backup
databases and it seemed odd that the query didn't use an order by sentence
which would be helpful, that way I could anticipate when a particular
database is going to be backed up, it's easy to fix though so no issues
there.

Again thank you all

Best regards