SSL connectivity issue from PGAdmin to Google Cloud SQL

From: Prashanth Golla <prashanth(at)modiface(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSL connectivity issue from PGAdmin to Google Cloud SQL
Date: 2024-05-23 13:06:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Support team,

We have hosted *PGAdmin* on Google cloud run and are able to successfully
connect to google cloud sql server. We are enforcing ssl connection on
google cloud sql for which we copied the ssl certs to pgadmin(1. using
volume mounts on cloud run, 2. Added a simple Dockerfile to copy certs) and
then we used ssl parameters from PGAdmin console and specified the
respective paths for client cert, client key and server cert.

We get the following error when we select SSL mode as *verify-full*

[image: image.png]

The following error when we choose SSL mode as *require* or *verify-ca*

[image: image.png]

*Note*: We tried both copying the certs to custom path i.e.*
/var/lib/pgadmin/certs
*and also the default path* /var/lib/pgadmin/.postgresql/, *neither of them
works and we cannot update the path for client certs from pgadmin console

Could you please take a look and help us to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Prashanth Golla