pgpool, pgmaster and pgslave migration to ubuntu 18.04

From: a venkatesh <venkatesh(dot)sasi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgpool, pgmaster and pgslave migration to ubuntu 18.04
Date: 2019-07-08 21:36:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm exploring the options to migrate postgresql master, slave along with
pgpool from ubuntu14.04 to 18.04. Please help me understand the following.

1. What are the available options for migrating from one version of O/S to
the other (Here ubuntu 14.04 to 18.04) ?
2. Document references.
3. Any best practices.
4. I'm assuming that migrating pgpool and pgmaster,slave can be done
separately and there isn't any dependency between them. (I mean first I can
separately migrate pgpool and then later migrate pgmaster/slave) is that
correct?

Regards,
Venkatesh.