Re: Simple Query not using Primary Key Index

From: Aron Podrigal <aronp(at)guaranteedplus(dot)com>
To: Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly(dot)burovoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Simple Query not using Primary Key Index
Date: 2017-02-06 23:43:29
Lists: pgsql-general

After resetting all statistics it still opts for a Seq Scan. I went ahead
to test with creating another table and querying that, and it shows on that
test table to be using the index. So I wonder if there is anything else
that may effect the planner. is there a way I can dog into this and see the
steps the planner performs while deciding which ap to use?

Thanks!