Re: BUG #18075: configuration variable idle_session_timeout not working as expected

From: Muhammad Ali Ansari <maliansari(dot)coder(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Emile Amewoto <emileam(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #18075: configuration variable idle_session_timeout not working as expected
Date: 2023-08-30 17:24:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

RE Tom: If you check my query I have subtracted state_change timestamp that
is returned by pg_stat_activity, and according to my knowledge state_change
returns the last time the state got changed for the session, and if it's
saying 28 minutes then I suppose this means from 28 minutes the session did
not change state from idle. About you second "how" question, I set the
timeout in postgresql.conf file and didn't do it directly in the session. I
will double check if I made this mistake or not but I remember that I
changed the config and then restarted PostgreSQL service and then checked
if the timeouts got set by querying from them, only then I started my
queries. But I will try it again for making sure that what you said might
be the problem