backup task target

From: Andrea Bonomelli <andrea(at)okaystudio(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: backup task target
Date: 2017-03-22 10:39:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi

How do I know if my full database is being backed up?
I have a script already in place that runs a nightly backup of a database
called okay_db that runs this command:
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_dump -h 10.11.7.5 --username postgres
okay_db --blobs --file ' + db + ' --format=custom --verbose --no-password'

And I created a new database called okay_db2 Using the UI of another
Software call DaVinci Resolve

In PGAdmin III, okay_db2 appears to be under the main database called
okay_db as well. How do I know which one is getting backed up? The whole
database or just one into the server database?

Sorry for the terminology not sure if I'm being clear as this is not my
field of expertise
--

Andrea Bonomelli

OKAY STUDIO

+44 207 127 0764

okaystudio.co.uk / twitter <http://twitter.com/okaystudioldn> / facebook
<http://facebook.com/okaystudio>

<http://okaystudio.co.uk/>

*This transmission is confidential and may be privileged. **It is for use
by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee or if this email is
sent to you in error, please let us know by return* *to info(at)okaystudio(dot)co(dot)uk
<info(at)okaystudio(dot)co(dot)uk> and delete the message from your system. *
* No contract may be concluded on behalf of Okay Studio email. Okay Studio
reserves the right to monitor e-mail communication through its network.*