Thanks and nominations

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Thanks and nominations
Date: 2015-01-13 08:00:56
Lists: pgeu-general

Ciao,

as stated by Guillaume in the presentation email, I am one of the two
members of the board who will step down.

Unfortunately, I currently do not have enough time and energy to dedicate
to PostgreSQL Europe and I won't candidate myself again for elections. I'd
like to thank the present board members, who have done a great job, and all
the members of the association. PostgreSQL Europe is growing and the goals
of promotion of PostgreSQL and Open Source Software throughout the old
Continent are more and more met. In particular, the European PostgreSQL
Conference has become a fantastic and unique event that gathers Postgres
fans from all over the world and guarantees the highest level of quality.

Anyway, I have decided to nominate two people for next elections. I have
already discussed this with them since Madrid. They have different
backgrounds but I believe they both might be extremely useful for
PostgreSQL Europe (if not from this year, from the next).

Here they are, in alphabetical order:

* Josette Garcia
* Daniel Gustafsson

Thank you,