what is the solution like oracle DB's datafile

From: Yudianto Prasetyo <mr(dot)yudianto(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: what is the solution like oracle DB's datafile
Date: 2022-01-29 22:15:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I want to ask why postgresql doesn't create a datafile like it has oracle?

I'm confused when I have 2 HDD. HDD 1 is used to install the OS and
postgresql database. when HDD 1 is full. how to increase the capacity of
postgresql database with HDD 2 (without RAID system)?

is there any other way like oracle DB's "add datafile" which can be used to
add capacity to another HDD?

I'm sorry if it says comparing with Oracle DB, but in essence I'm just
looking for a solution to the problem above.

Thank You
Yours faithfully

Yudianto