Re: archive command doesnt work

From: Mateusz Henicz <mateuszhenicz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Alpaslan AKDAĞ <alpaslanakdag(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: archive command doesnt work
Date: 2024-02-08 20:24:36
Lists: pgsql-general

czw., 8 lut 2024 o 21:10 Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at> napisał(a):

> On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 09:23 +0100, Alpaslan AKDAĞ wrote:
> > Thank you for your answer.
> >
> > I have checked the pg_is_in_recovery() and here are the results
> > from primary and hot stand by server.
> >
> > Primary (old standby ):
> > select pg_is_in_recovery();
> > pg_is_in_recovery
> > -------------------
> > (1 row)
> >
> > hot standby(old primary):
> > select pg_is_in_recovery();
> > pg_is_in_recovery
> > -------------------
> > (1 row)
> > and there is also standby.signal file in standby server.
> > So it seems that there is nothing wrong.
> >
> > recovery_min_apply_delay = '2d' are set in warm standby servers.
> > Before the switchover we had the same settings but we did not have this
> problem.
>
> It is becoming increasingly obvious that you never actually performed
> a switchover: it seems that you didn't promote the standby.
>
> Either use
>
> pg_ctl promote -D /path/to/datadir
>
> on the command line or
>
> SELECT pg_promote();
>
> in SQL.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

From what you sent:

*"After switchover since 01.02.2024 hot standby server does not archive wal
files. I couldn't find the problem."*
Hot standby normally does not archive WAL files. Only the primary server
does that unless you have archive_mode set to "always" but your
configuration shows that you have it "on" only.

*"related postgresql.conf lines:*
*archive_mode = on "*

Cheers,
Mateusz