Re: Alternate Datafile Location

From: Sam Stearns <sam(dot)stearns(at)dat(dot)com>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Alternate Datafile Location
Date: 2024-08-29 23:55:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Ok, we were going with the approach of the Postgres software (cluster)
being on the root filesystem then creating databases with data file storage
on an alternate filesystem.

It's sounding like the better approach would be to install the Postgres
software (cluster with initdb) on a filesystem other than root. Do I have
that right?

--

*Samuel Stearns*
Lead Database Administrator