Re: Logical replication breaks: "unexpected duplicate for tablespace 0, relfilenode 2774069304"

From: Kouber Saparev <kouber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, wangsh(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com, osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Logical replication breaks: "unexpected duplicate for tablespace 0, relfilenode 2774069304"
Date: 2023-12-28 12:03:12
Lists: pgsql-general

На нд, 24.12.2023 г. в 3:37 Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> написа:

> > What quick solution would fix the replication? Repack of the table?
> Reload
> > of the database? Killing some backends?
>
> There may be something you could do as a short-term solution, but it
> does not solve the actual root of the problem, because the error you
> are seeing is not something users should be able to face.

We need to have an action plan once this happens again (which might be in
the middle of the night etc.) - i.e. how to rebuild and resync our
logically replicated tables, because trying to just enable the subscription
does not work - the same error reappears, so we have to drop all the slots,
recreate them and deal with the syncing staff. If a repack (or something
else) on the publisher side could allow us to re-enable the subscription
easily, without dropping the slots, then for the moment it will save us
from this prolonged desync/downtime situation.

> The first problem that we have here is that we've lost track of the
> patch proposed, so I have added a CF entry for now:

Thank you. Is there a bug report or should we file one? It looks like
something that compromises the reliability of the logical replication as a
whole.

--
Kouber