ERROR: failed to change schema dependency for type xxx.yyy

From: Kouber Saparev <kouber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: failed to change schema dependency for type xxx.yyy
Date: 2023-01-17 10:46:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Trying to change the schema of an enumerated type results in the error
below:

db=# ALTER TYPE xxx.yyy SET SCHEMA zzz;
ERROR: failed to change schema dependency for type xxx.yyy

I was able to track this down to changeDependencyFor() within pg_depend.c,
but still am not able to understand the reason for this error.

When looking into the pg_depend catalog, originally there were 700 entries.
After a series of cascading drops of the tables, views and functions
involved, only one was left:

db=# SELECT deptype, objid::regclass FROM pg_depend WHERE refobjid =
(SELECT oid FROM pg_type WHERE typnamespace = 'xxx'::regnamespace AND
typname = 'yyy');
deptype | objid
---------+------------
i | 1202633909
(1 row)

Then I deleted manually from pg_depend this entry, and there were 0 entries
left, but still the error was persisting. I am not able to change the
schema, which is quite a blocker in our migration plan.

Any ideas how we could proceed any further? And btw what is the entry
above: objid = 1202633909 + deptype = i?

Regards,
--
Kouber Saparev