Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view

From: Kouber Saparev <kouber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view
Date: 2022-10-07 20:44:09
Lists: pgsql-general

> No ... what has that got to do with this? We don't particularly care
> what a foreign table is referencing, as long as it acts like a table.

Thank you.

> We're more likely to rip it out as no-longer-needed than to expand what it
> does.

Excuse me, I didn't understand what was about to be ripped out then. Is it
the ability to attach ON SELECT DO INSTEAD rules over tables in general?...
Currently it is possible to do it (and the tables are converted to views,
which is a bit confusing and counter-intentional at least in my case - I'd
like the table to stay always a table), but not possible in case the table
is a partition (yet still possible if the partition is remote pointing back
to the same original server for instance).

Regards,
--
Kouber Saparev