Re: Should I reinstall over current installation?

From: Chris Charley <charleyc2718(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Moreno Andreo <moreno(dot)andreo(at)evolu-s(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Should I reinstall over current installation?
Date: 2020-02-04 20:18:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Moreno

Thanks for the reply!

I ran Services and it reported postsql as Disabled.

[image: services.png]

I also ran Event Viewer and found no mention of postgresql there in errors.

Then I ran Task Manager and the services tab and it showed postgresql as
stopped.

[image: image.png]

I am considering reinstall because I couldn't find any helpful info from
these services.
Thanks again for your help.
I suspect when Windows was reinstalled, the firewall was reconfigured and
PostgreSQL wasn't allowed to access the port?

Chris