Re: Managing major PostgreSQL upgrades

From: Saul Perdomo <saul(dot)perdomo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tiffany Thang <tiffanythang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Managing major PostgreSQL upgrades
Date: 2021-11-17 05:37:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks. My first instinct might be to simply maintain your own list of
missing packages, and ensure they all get installed prior to the pg_upgrade
run (something which ansible can handily do).

Now, depending on the level of homogeneity of the server farm under your
purview, this might pose its own challenges - but based on this info, it's
where I would probably start..