compiling postgresql 9.2.4 on fedora 17 64 bit takes very long time

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: compiling postgresql 9.2.4 on fedora 17 64 bit takes very long time
Date: 2013-06-07 06:05:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Yesterday we configured a new server with Fedora 17 64 bit and updated it's
kernel to 3.8. I have to compile and install postgresql with python. So I
executed commands

./configure --with-python
make

but make is running for last 16 hours and still not completed. It is
showing same messages again and again like checking pthreads.h usability
etc. I have downloaded latest source from postgresql website.

Please help to solve this issue.

Thanks

C P Kulkarni