Re: Python UCS4 error

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Python UCS4 error
Date: 2011-07-06 02:34:14
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

I have default python 2.7.1 installed along with fedora15. Then installed
postgresql from binary installers. This creates the plpython.so,
plpython2.so and plpython3.so in lib/postgresql directory under postgresql
installation. When I go for creating a new language plpython, it gives me
some error regarding pythonś version. By default it is compiled with 2.6 and
I have 2.7, so I need to get source code and compile it against python 2.7.
For this I will configure --with-python option and see which python it uses
and where it is located. For me it used python 2.7 and shown the python
default installation. Then I used ´make' and ´make install world´ and copied
plpython.so and plpython2.so to new postgresql installation. Started the
server and try to create new language, then the earlier mentioned error
comes as
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsEncodedString.
Previously It was working on fedora 14 . It seems that I have to recompile
and install python 2.7 at another location and use it for postgresql make
process. But not sure that it will solve error.
Thanks and regards,

C P Kulkarni