Re: Performance problem with gin index

From: Bertrand Paquet <bertrand(dot)paquet(at)doctolib(dot)fr>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance problem with gin index
Date: 2015-09-29 20:51:33
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thx you for your hints.

I found lot of information in this thread
http://postgresql.nabble.com/how-to-investigate-GIN-fast-updates-and-cleanup-cycles-td5863756.html

Currently, we are monitoring pending_pages (pgstatginindex works on 9.4.4),
and run a vacuum every night. We hope it will solve the problem, without
disabling fast update.

Regards,

Bertrand