Re: difference between pg_triggers and information_schema.triggers

From: aditya desai <admad123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: difference between pg_triggers and information_schema.triggers
Date: 2021-08-11 18:54:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Seems like multiple entries in information_schema.triggers for
INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE. Understood thanks.

postgres=# select tgname,tgtype from pg_trigger;
tgname | tgtype
--------------------+--------
insert_empployee | 31
insert_empployee_1 | 31
(2 rows)

postgres=# select tgname from pg_trigger;
tgname
--------------------
insert_empployee
insert_empployee_1
(2 rows)

postgres=# select trigger_name,event_manipulation from
information_schema.triggers;
trigger_name | event_manipulation
insert_empployee | INSERT
insert_empployee | DELETE