SSL connection getting rejected on AWS RDS

From: aditya desai <admad123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSL connection getting rejected on AWS RDS
Date: 2020-09-30 07:19:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
We have AWS RDS and we are trying to connect to DB remotely from EC2
instance.as client connection using psql. We are trying to set up IAM
roles. We did all the necessary settings but got below error. Could you
please advise?

Password for user lmp_cloud_dev:

psql: FATAL: PAM authentication failed for user "testuser"

FATAL: pg_hba.conf rejects connection for host "192.168.1.xxx", user
"testuser", database "testdb", SSL off

Regards,

Aditya.