Re: Pg_locks and pg_stat_activity

From: aditya desai <admad123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pg_locks and pg_stat_activity
Date: 2020-12-04 08:34:12
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Justin,
Thanks for your response.
I suspect JDBC is using parameterized queries (postgres $1, $2, ..) and psql
isn't (unless you type "prepare p AS SELECT ..." and execute p(.., .., ..)"

Yes JDBC is using parameterized queries which get constructed dynamically
depending upon user privileges in the application.Does this cause any
issues?

I don't know what server version you have, so I don't know whether to
suggest
testing with plan_cache_mode=force_custom_plan

It's Postgres 11.5.

I will look into links you shared.

Regards,
AD.