Query going to all paritions

From: aditya desai <admad123(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Query going to all paritions
Date: 2021-10-01 07:28:00
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,
Query on one of our partitioned tables which is range partitioned on
"run"date" column is going to all partitions despite having run_date in
WHERE clause. "enable_parition_pruning" is also on. I am unable to generate
a query plan as the query never runs fully even waiting for say half an
hour.

We have composite indexes on run_date,status. Do I need to create an index
on run_date only?

Any other solutions?

Regards,
Aditya.