Re: pg_dump and search_path

From: Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: "Igal (at) Lucee(dot)org" <igal(at)lucee(dot)org>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump and search_path
Date: 2019-07-10 23:31:16
Lists: pgsql-general

My exact situation was a deployment via sqitch, It appears that uses psql
under the hood based on the error message I get.

Running just "sqitch deploy" I get an error due to a non-fully qualified
name and a missing search path (my mistakes). The error I get:

+ 004 .. psql:deploy/004.sql:72: ERROR: relation "vobservations" does not
exist
LINE 11: FROM vobservations
^
not ok
"psql" unexpectedly returned exit value 3

Reverting all changes

Running the following works for me in this case and allows it to find the
view in the proper schema.

PGOPTIONS='-c search_path=piws,public' sqitch deploy

Ryan