Re: Considering fractional paths in Append node

From: Nikita Malakhov <hukutoc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrei Lepikhov <lepihov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Considering fractional paths in Append node
Date: 2024-10-17 11:10:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Andy, your words make sense, but to me it seems that in
add_paths_to_append_rel
we have no other options than tuple_fraction from root, and rows (if any)
in paths
we take into account, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you!

Also, on top of that I have an idea of pruning unnecessary partitions
in generate_orderedappend_paths() when we have a valid LIMIT value.
I'm currently checking if it is working correctly in multiple cases,
so 'll send it after we deal with this issue.

--
Regards,
Nikita Malakhov