Upgrading to newer Django? Reason for including django-selectable library in repo?

From: Kalvin Eng <kalvin(dot)eng(at)ualberta(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Upgrading to newer Django? Reason for including django-selectable library in repo?
Date: 2020-03-03 17:57:58
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi there,

I'm new to the community and looking to send a GSoC proposal for the
performance farm project (
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2020#Develop_Performance_Farm_Benchmarks_and_Website_.282020.29
).

One of the requirements was integrating the performance farm app with pgweb
to include already registered users.
So I had a look at the code for pgweb to understand the login flow for
integration.

Upon looking at the code for pgweb, I'm wondering if these things should be
patched:

- Upgrading to Django 2.2 LTS since Django 1.11 will no longer be
supported in April 2020
- Remove django-selectable from the repo as it is available in pypi (
https://pypi.org/project/django-selectable/)

Thanks,
Kalvin