Re: plpython transforms vs. arrays

From: Mark Teper <mark(dot)teper(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan <ssonnenberg(at)ophardt(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpython transforms vs. arrays
Date: 2019-05-06 09:32:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Stefan,

> is the Python code running inside the PostgreSQL instance?

Yes, it is using the PL Python language so it runs in the PostgreSQL
instance. With some help from Tom, I've been able to make the change
needed to allow this transform.

I need to do some more testing, but my preliminary results for the arrays
I'm interested in show transforming Postgres to Numpy is about 5x faster
and transforming Numpy back to Postgres about 2x faster.

Regards,
Mark