Re: RPM Morgue

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RPM Morgue
Date: 2018-06-27 02:49:41
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

On 27 June 2018 at 07:40, Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> wrote:

> I'm not against keeping the old package, but there are two things:
>
> * We need to ask sysadmins team, because this means a lot of extra disk
> space.

I'm not averse to hosting elsewhere, I just know Pg infra likes to keep
control where they can.

* Building older packages is not that hard with the RPMs as you know -- just
> change the version number, and run make rpm11 (or whatever). I'm not sure
> that
> keeping the old packages are worth the hassle.

Unfortunately that's not useful. You need *exactly matching* debuginfo
packages for the same build-IDs. You can't just rebuild the suite and
extract the debuginfo packages to install on another host.