Accessing yum-archive.postgresql.org

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Accessing yum-archive.postgresql.org
Date: 2019-12-12 05:21:48
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi all

I recently had cause to look up a specific debuginfo package for an old
release, but I found myself unable to construct a URL for
yum-archive.postgresql.org that would permit directory listings. Is that
intentional? All I get is an XML document like

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
</Error>

(I can't find the yum-archive documented anywhere either, but I've been
known to be totally blind before...)

My understanding is that URLs should be of the form:

https://yum-archive.postgresql.org/9.6/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch

but I can't get a listing from anything like

https://yum-archive.postgresql.org/9.6/redhat/rhel-7Server-x86_64/

or

https://yum-archive.postgresql.org/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/

I'm assuming that all directory listing is disabled?

If so, is there anywhere I can get a possibly-compressed listing or
manifest? It's not always practical to determine an exact package name...

2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise