Bad DIST settings

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bad DIST settings
Date: 2019-12-17 05:51:57
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi

During some other work I noticed there are many rpms that are built with
incorrect DIST settings. See output of command

git grep DIST | cut -d / -f 5- | sed 's^/Makefile:^ ^' | sort | uniq -c
|sort -rn

and you'll note all sorts of anomalies.

Rather than fix them individually I'm preparing a Makefile change that will
keep a mapping of directory name to DIST and auto-compute the DIST from the
EL-6 suffix or whatever.

2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise