pg_config --version-num

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_config --version-num
Date: 2017-05-31 01:14:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all

Attached is a small patch to teach pg_config how to output a --version-num

With Pg 10, parsing versions got more annoying. Especially with
"10beta1", "9.6beta2" etc into the mix. It makes no sense to force
tools and scripts to do this when we can just expose a sensible
pre-formatted one at no cost to us.

Personally I'd like to backpatch this into supported back branches,
but just having it in pg 10 would be a help.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Provide-numeric-version-from-pg_config.patch text/x-patch 2.1 KB