Re: Why could different data in a table be processed with different performance?

From: Vladimir Ryabtsev <greatvovan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why could different data in a table be processed with different performance?
Date: 2018-09-22 10:32:01
Lists: pgsql-performance

> I think reindex will improve the heap access..and maybe the index access
too. I don't see why it would be bloated without UPDATE/DELETE, but you
could check to see if its size changes significantly after reindex.
I tried REINDEX, and size of PK index changed from 2579 to 1548 MB.
But test don't show any significant improvement from what it was. May be
read speed for the "big" range became just slightly faster in average.

Vlad