timestamp default current_timestamp not working

From: Sanjay Minni <sanjay(dot)minni(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: timestamp default current_timestamp not working
Date: 2021-12-14 15:36:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am not getting the timestamp value which i am expecting to be
automatically inserted in the column defined:
"timestamp" timestamp with time zone DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
(I see the above definition in pgadmin4 in the tab SQL.
I have set it thru pgadmin4 table->properties->columns by entering
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in the default column)

why is the timestamp value not being automatically inserted by the system

with warm regards
Sanjay Minni