Re: Exposing the lock manager's WaitForLockers() to SQL

From: Will Mortensen <will(at)extrahop(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Marco Slot <marco(dot)slot(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Jacob Speidel <jacob(at)extrahop(dot)com>, Yvonne Chen <yvonne(at)extrahop(dot)com>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Exposing the lock manager's WaitForLockers() to SQL
Date: 2024-05-30 07:10:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I should add that the latest patches remove permissions checks because
pg_locks doesn't have any, and improve the commit messages. Hope I
didn't garble anything doing this late after the dev conference. :-)

Robert asked me about other existing functions that could be
leveraged, such as GetConflictingVirtualXIDs(), but I didn't see any
with close-enough semantics that handle fast-path locks as needed for
tables/relations.