PostgreSQL Upgrade with Replication managed via repmgr

From: DAN LU <dannyvlu006(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Upgrade with Replication managed via repmgr
Date: 2022-03-02 12:21:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me regarding upgrading PG to the latest
release that has replication setup via repmgr.

Here is an example of my current setup:
Server A: PostgreSQL 12.1 serving as the "primary" role managed by repmgr
5.1 (https://repmgr.org/)
Server B: PostgreSQL 12.1 serving as the "standby" role managed by repmgr
5.1 as well

Goal:
Upgrade both primary and standby PG to 14.1 with repmgr 5.1.

I read the upgrade steps via
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/pgupgrade.html. Step #9 to step #11 is
for instance with standby, but it does not say repmgr specifically. I also
find no literature online that others posted regarding repmgr in the mix of
an upgrade.

Please let me know if anyone has such experience and can share the detailed
steps for upgrading it is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best regards,
DL