Re: getting async raise notice messages

From: Pawel Veselov <pawel(dot)veselov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: getting async raise notice messages
Date: 2015-01-28 19:55:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Dave.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 2:38 AM, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:

> Pawel,
>
> Thanks, this looks interesting.
>
> 1) why are you using such an old driver?

Only for the "If it ain't broke, don't touch it" principle :) It's a part
of a large J2EE application. Will probably update it along with other
middleware at some point.

> 2) what are you referring to with the comment about it not being async?

My original question was about "async notifications". Technically async in
this case would mean calling back on a separate thread. This fix calls back
on the same thread. So it needs to be realized that any work inside that
call back will affect the execution of the statement.

--
With best of best regards
Pawel S. Veselov