Re: Locks Postgres

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Patrick B <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Locks Postgres
Date: 2017-02-10 17:01:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I just wanna understand the locks in a DB server:
> [image: Imagem inline 1]
>
> Access share = Does that mean queries were waiting because an
> update/delete/insert was happening?

It would seem more plausible that your chart is showing the locks that are
*held*, not the locks that are *waiting to be granted*. But without
knowing where the chart came from, we can't know for sure.

If those are locks being held, it just means your server was kind of busy
(which you already knew). But we don't know how busy. A single complex
query can easily hold several dozens locks.

Cheers,

Jeff