Re: autovacuum fringe case?

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: AJ Weber <aweber(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovacuum fringe case?
Date: 2013-01-24 03:06:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013, AJ Weber wrote:

> Is there a skinny set of instructions on loading pg_stat_statements? Or
> should I just log them and review them from there?

Make sure you have installed contrib. (How you do that depends on how you
installed PostgreSQL in the first place. If you installed from source, then
just follow "sudo make install" with "cd contrib; sudo make install")

Then, just change postgresql.conf so that

shared_preload_libraries = 'pg_stat_statements'

And restart the server.

Then in psql run

create extension pg_stat_statements ;

Cheers,