Re: Work_mem

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Work_mem
Date: 2024-04-10 22:21:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 1:57 PM Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I dont see any long running queries under pg_stat_activity or
> pg_stat_statements.
>

>> With pg_stat_activity, you would need to catch them "in the act", but
there are no columns there which describe temp file usage anyway.

pg_stat_statements has the columns "temp_blks_read" and
"temp_blks_written", in all supported versions, so you should be able to
spot the queries using temp files there. Unless maybe your
pg_stat_statements.max setting is too low and those queries are forced out.

Or you could set log_temp_files = 0. That would log all statements using
temp files into the PostgreSQL server log.

Cheers,

Jeff